Everyone remembers how difficult it was to be a child, especially when you had something that made you stand out and others made fun of. So what do you do if your child needs glasses and they refuse to wear them? You cannot tape them to their head or force them to wear the glasses when you are not around. So what can you do to encourage your child to wear their glasses?
Luckily, glasses have become trendy in the last few years and they make very stylish frames. Hopefully your child will love their glasses and be excited to wear them. If your child is not excited for them, try some of the tips below:
- Let the teacher know your child needs glass and ask their help to ensure your child wears them.
- Show your child pictures of celebrities and athletes wearing glasses and have them identify their favorite singer, actress, athlete or role model who wears glasses too.
- Encourage your child to practice in front of the mirror with their glasses on. It will feel strange at first, but will eventually become second nature.
- Encourage your child to take the glasses off throughout the day if they are uncomfortable. If the glasses are really uncomfortable, take your child back to get the frames adjusted.
- If your child is old enough for contacts, see if they would prefer those instead.